How to Keep Good Kidney Function with Polycystic Kidney Disease
Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) is a kind of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) that can impair your renal function gradually. How to keep good kidney function with polycystic kidney disease? After reading this article, you will find out the answer.
To protect your renal function, you have to start from your lifestyle. For example,
1) To restrict salt intake. Because too much salt intake can not only elevate blood pressure, but also make swelling worse.
2) To avoid smoking and drinking alcohol. Because they can stimulate the growth of renal cysts so as to impair renal function.
3) To reduce coffee and chocolate. They are high in caffeine, which is not good for the control of renal cysts as well.
4) To have a good rest.
5) To drink plenty of water. Some studies show that in early stage of PKD, drinking water is helpful for suppressing the growth of renal cysts.
6) To supplement vitamin B 3. It could decrease PKD cyst formation.
-Correct medical treatment
1) High blood pressure often goes before kidney function impairment. Without good control, it can impair kidneys and make renal function decline. Therefore, you should take treatment to bring it under control. The commonly used treatment is ACEI and ARBs. They do not only lower blood pressure, but also have the function of protecting renal function.
2) To control the growth of renal cysts and shrink them. Chinese Medicine Treatment such as Hot Compress Therapy can infiltrate the micronized herbs into polycystic kidneys to take effect. It can increase the permeability of cyst wall and pressure difference inside and outside so that fluid can be taken away, and then renal cysts will become small. It can also suppress the abnormal proliferation of renal tubular epithelial cells and stop the secretion of lining cells so as to prevent the renal cysts from growing further. After about one month’s treatment, kidney cysts will shrink, and kidney condition will get improved.
How to keep good kidney function with PKD? The combination of good healthy lifestyle and medical treatment can help you protect kidney function well. For more information on PKD, please leave a message below or contact online doctor.
***Please seek professional medical advise for the diagnosis or treatment of any ailment, disease or medical condition. This article is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a licensed medical professional.***