What Are the Foods Bad for PKD Patients
Reasonable diet can help control the growth of kidney cysts and halt the progression of disease. What are the foods bad for Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) patients? In this article, let’s have a quick look.
- High protein diet: No matter PKD patients or other kidney disease patients should have a low protein diet so as to avoid the synthesis of nitrogen metabolites in the body and reduce the workload of kidneys. Generally speaking, animal protein is better than plant protein, because it contains more essential amino acids, which are be absorbed by our body.
- Fermented food: The fermented food mentioned here is mainly fungal fermented food, such as fermented bean curd, rotten eggs, etc. Avoiding this kind of food will be beneficial to the growth rate of cysts.
- Alcoholic beverages: alcohol, especially liquor, should be given up for patients with PKD. Alcohol plays an important role in stimulating the kidney. It can stimulate the activity of polycystic proteins and accelerate the growth of cysts.
- Coffee and chocolate are strictly prohibited. Some researches may report that caffeine is a risk factor for the promotion of cyst enlargement in PKD patients.
- Visceral food: The cooked food made of animal viscera is not suitable for patients with polycystic kidney, especially animal liver. Many toxins are left in the liver and kidney, especially liver during slaughter. The function of liver is detoxification. Toxins metabolized by many animals are left in the viscera. If the patient takes these substances, it will impose an invisible burden on the kidney and aggravate the condition of the disease.
Now you know what foods are bad for PKD patients. But simply diet can hardly help you control the growth of kidney cysts. Here it is recommended to try a Chinese Medicine Treatment. It is Hot Compress Therapy. With thermal effects, the active ingredients of medicine can be transported into nidus to speed up kidney recovery. It can stop renal tubular epithelial cells from proliferating abnormally. It can also inhibit the lining cells from secreting cyst fluid so as to prevent cysts from enlarging. Besides, it can increase the permeability of cyst wall and pressure difference inside and outside so that fluid can be drawn out, and then renal cysts will shrink gradually. Under normal circumstance, after about one month’s treatment, you will see the remarkable effect.
Now you know what are the foods for PKD patients. If you would like to know more information on PKD diet and treatment, please leave a message below or contact online doctor.
***Please seek professional medical advise for the diagnosis or treatment of any ailment, disease or medical condition. This article is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a licensed medical professional.***