Six Major Hazards of Nephrotic Syndrome
Nephrotic Syndrome is a kind of kidney disease, which has a great impact on the body and life of patients. So what are the dangers of nephrotic syndrome? Here is a detailed introduction for you.
Six major hazards of nephrotic syndrome:
1. Reduction of immunoglobulin results in low immunity and infection.
2. Loss of metal-binding proteins can lead to deficiency of trace elements (iron, copper, zinc, etc.).
3. Insufficient endocrine binding protein can induce endocrine disorders.
4. Hyperlipidemia increases blood viscosity, promotes the occurrence of thrombosis and embolism complications, and also increases cardiovascular complications.
5. Long-term hypoproteinemia can lead to malnutrition and growth retardation in children.
6. Drug-binding protein reduction may affect the pharmacokinetics of some drugs (increasing plasma free drug concentration and accelerating excretion) and the efficacy of drugs.
What are the complications of nephrotic syndrome?
1. Thrombosis and thromboembolic. In Nephrotic Syndrome, there is hypercoagulable state. The incidence of venous thrombosis is about 10%-40%. Renal venous thrombosis is the most common form.
2. Infection. Patients are susceptible to various infections, such as respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin infection and primary peritonitis. When concurrent infection occurs, the clinical manifestations are often not obvious, so we should be vigilant.
3. Malnutrition. It includes muscle atrophy, growth and development disorders in children, calcium and phosphorus metabolic disorders, iron deficiency anemia, etc.
4. Renal function damage. It includes acute renal failure and renal tubular function damage.
What are the precautions for the treatment of nephrotic syndrome?
1. Attention to diet: Nephrotic syndrome patients should eat digestible, light, semi-liquid diet, limit the intake of animal fat, limit the intake of sodium salt, and appropriate supplementation of trace elements.
2. Attention to rest: Patients with severe edema or hypertension need to rest in bed. Activities can be arranged appropriately according to their condition, which can help patients to enjoy themselves physically and mentally.
3. Attention to skin care: Keep skin dry and clean, prevent abrasion and pressure, rest of the bedding to be soft and comfortable. It's better to put rubber air cushion or cotton ring under buttocks and limbs, and use air cushion mattress is better.
4. Pay attention to the use of drugs: patients with severe edema should avoid intramuscular injection as far as possible so as to avoid drug retention, poor absorption or penetration of pinhole medicine after injection, resulting in local humidity, erosion or infection.
Now you know the six major hazards of Nephrotic Syndrome. For more information on Nephrotic Syndrome, please leave a message below or contact online doctor.
***Please seek professional medical advise for the diagnosis or treatment of any ailment, disease or medical condition. This article is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a licensed medical professional.***