Causes of Skin Itching in Kidney Failure
Many kidney patients have skin itching when their CKD develops to Kidney Failure. It is characterized by itchy skin all over the body and by restlessness that makes it difficult to fall asleep. Why does kidney failure cause skin itching?
Common causes of skin itching in kidney failure
- Nitrogen metabolite retention stimulates the skin and causes itching in the whole body. Another reason is cortical gland atrophy, so that the skin becomes dry, leading to skin itching.
- Because of secondary hyperparathyroidism, there is excessive secretion of thyroid hormones, which leads to hypercalcemia. Calcium deposition in the skin causes itching. At this time, the drug usually does not take effect.
- Many people know that itchy skin is caused by insufficient amounts of a certain microelement, so they start taking vitamin supplements in large quantities. Too much vitamin A can cause skin itching.
- Uremia can cause neuropathy in the human body, and neuropathy can cause neurodermatitis so as to make you feel itchy.
- Kidney patients are prone to allergic reaction. Allergy is one of the causes of skin itching.
Treatment for skin itching in kidney failure
When you find out the root cause of skin itching, and then you can take corresponding measures to relieve it. For example, to control the intake of protein and phosphorus; or to remove the thyroid. Besides, you can try some Chinese Medicine Treatment to help you relieve the itching, such as Medicated Bath, in which you can put some herbs. After the bath, you can get an immediate relief from itching. Detoxification Therapy can also be used to treat kidney failure. This is a systemic treatment, which is made up of various therapies. Those therapies can work together to eliminate the excess substances from the blood to keep internal environment clean. They can also increase blood flow into kidneys and improve blood circulation so as to provide the kidneys with enough essential elements such as oxygen, nutrients and active ingredients of medicine to speed up kidney recovery. Moreover, they can reduce renal inflammation and control the disease from getting worse. “Although Chinese clinical textbooks remain cautious in regard to curative treatment outcomes (average remission rate reported to be around 11%-43%), all studies strongly convey the message that herbal treatments can significantly improve the patients’ sense of well being and extend their life span. Positive results are usually reported in 75%-80% of all cases.”
Now you get the answer about the causes of skin itching in kidney failure. If you do not know how to treat it well, you can leave a message below or contact online doctor.
References: The Treatment of Kidney Failure and Uraemia with Chinese Herbs
***Please seek professional medical advise for the diagnosis or treatment of any ailment, disease or medical condition. This article is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a licensed medical professional.***